Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reading challenge


Ok wow three posts in one day and NONE of them bento related :( Well right after I hit post I discovered a cool reading challenge here. And there is nothing I love more than a challenge. I am going for Quest the third. Why not? So here are my four books:



1. Mythology-undetermined yet
2. Fantasy-Peter Pan
3. Folklore-The Romance of Tristan and Iseult-Loved the movie so I am going to try to read this book
4. Fairytale- Princess Bride-I've had this book on my shelf for a long time and can't wait to read it
5. Midsummer's Night Dream

As I was making my list I realized the ones I had so far were movies so I decided to keep with that theme.

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

That is a really fun theme. Ever since I was a junior in high school and my English teacher had us read classics and then brought the films in made from those books I have loved linking the film/literature experience together. More often than not I am seeing films first and then reading the book. I think I prefer it this way as it allows me to let the book fill in the gaps. I am more often than not disappointed if I've gone about it the other way. I need to see Tristan and Isolde. I love these type of movies and cannot believe I haven't watched this yet.

I'm so glad you are joining the challenge. I appreciate your participation and hope you come to the site often to check out everything that is going on.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun challenge, it makes me want to participate!! Maybe I will! I don't know a lot about those genres (although I LOVE Harry Potter and have not been able to get my magic fix since it's over now) so I'll have to do a little research, eh?

PS It's so fun to read about your bentos! It must make lunch so much more fun :)