Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bento Free Week

So it's my Spring Break and while I've been having fun I realize that my body needs routine and I am kinda looking forward to getting back to school. I know in two weeks I'll regret saying that. So here's what I've been up to:

New Smyrna Beach
My opinion is this is the best beach in the Central Florida Area. The only down side is there isn't much beach-well there is, but no a lot of dry sitting part.

Frozen Gold
A trip to New Smyrna requires Frozen Gold. Skip the banana splits and the other stuff and just get some soft serve. My favorite is swirl. If you are a chocolate lover you could always get it dipped, but I think au natural is the best!


If you want to take some local flavor down to the beach for lunch try Heavenly Sandwiches. (Sorry for the bad picture)They have salads, wraps, sandwiches and smoothies. You can get anything to go. My advice: this place is run by true Southern beach people, which means they don't work very fast...okay they are S L O W. So make sure you aren't in a rush. Also if you are getting it to go tell them to go light on any sauce or dressing. There was way too much dressing on mine and it made my wrapper soggy :( Overall , the food was pretty good. Oh and the wraps are HUGE you could probably split one with your beach going companion.



Roxie and I have been spending a lot of time at Pawmosa Dog Park, which I think is the best dog park in Orlando, especially for small dogs. Sadly, for us there haven't been any small dogs.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I LOVE Frozen Gold! I've been going since I was a kid & like their chocolate vanilla swirl soft serve. I haven't been since the Sunday before my wedding. :(