Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Favorite Day of the Year

My favorite day of kindergarten is the Ant Picnic. We conclude our insect study with a picnic, bug hunt and lots of playing. It is at one of the BEST parks in Orlando-Langford Park. Langford Park is downtown-off Central in the Thornton Park neighborhood. It has a huge field perfect for flying kites or water balloon fights (see below). It also has a nice size gazebo perfect for eating lunch. There are two playgrounds (one is for kids under 7), large sidewalks perfect for riding bikes, covered tables and not covered tables. They even have an inside area with VERY clean bathrooms that has kids nature classes during the summer. I LOVE Langford Park! Too bad I had a cold and didn't feel to well. I had a lot of fun, but I didn't play with the kids as much as I normally do. Reminding myself-you can't be 100% all the time :)



Decorating bug boxes

Hunting for bugs-on the right one of my kids is using a bug vacuum. If you ever go on a bug hunt you must have one-even I have my own :)

Water balloon fight!!!! No getting the teacher :)

Bubbles are just so fun!

Perfect ending to a VERY fun day :)

No comments: