Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm sad :(

I am sad that we live in a great country and people are so ugly. It makes me more sad that a lot of the ugliness comes from Christians. Who said we had to agree on everything?

"Respect everyone, and love your
Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king."
1 Peter 2:17

Respect and love goes a long way. I heard the best message at church yesterday. What if Christian republicans/democrats said, " You know I know Susie and she's a (insert political party) and she's not so bad. In fact, she's a nice person" And we as Christians REFUSED to talk smack about the party. Disagreement is fine, being ugly goes against our core values. It goes against who Jesus is. When Jesus walked this earth he loved everyone. He sat, dined, and made friends with those were the least worthy. Today, he does the same. I am one of those...who does not deserve his love but his mercy is poured down on me. So what can I do in return... LOVE ALL

John 14:34 &35-Words from my master
"A new command I give you: Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

No comments: