Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mexican Bento #2


100_0217
Originally uploaded by thebentogirl

This is Wednesday's bento and it was SUPER yummy! Mexican soup I made in the crockpot. Kiwi, mango, grapes, banana, caprese salad skewers with mozzarella bunny cheese, and green beans.

The soup is so easy. In a crockpot combine salsa, chicken broth (I prefer Pacific brand, organic, low sodium), corn, chicken breast (I put it in frozen), cumin, red pepper flakes and chili powder. How much you add of each will depend on how many people you are making it for. If you put in 32 oz of broth (which is one Pacific box) then I would do around a cup and half of salsa, 1/2 cup to 3/4 of a cup of corn, and one or two chicken breast. Then, add spices to your taste. I think I cooked it on high for around 6 hours. I know it's done when you can easily shred the chicken with your hands.

No comments: