Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Caprese Chicken Bento

Today's bento was not that good...I mean it was tasty, but it was rushed and I wasn't thrilled with it. So this is one from my absence. This is one of my favorite recipes and I am proud to say I invented it. I'm not claiming that no one has ever made it before I am just saying I made it up from my head. I call it Caprese Chicken. It's so easy peasy it should be criminal.

Here's what you need:
Chicken Breast
Bread Crumbs (I use Italian)
Tomato Slices (cut to fit the size of the chicken breast)
Mozzarella Cheese (sliced to fit the chicken)
Olive Oil

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Cut chicken breast to desired size. For the bento I cut it smaller. Pour olive oil and bread crumbs into separate cereal bowls. Dip chicken in olive oil then in bread crumbs. Place on pan lined with tin foil (makes for easy clean up). Place tomato, then cheese on top of chicken. Cook until chicken is done...maybe 20-30 minutes...maybe more depending on how thick your chicken is.


Also in this bento: Underneath the chicken is ravioli, in the bear is pasta sauce for the ravioli, green beans with balsamic dressing, grapes, kiwi, tangerine

No comments: